Water sports and outdoor activities
Above all the water sports are the most popular, sailing and windsurfing, favored by two typical winds, in the morning Peler form the North and in the afternoon Ora from the south. All sailing activities are currently concentrated in the brand new peer “Fraglia della Vela” with more than 200 mooring spaces in the town of Navene. Along the lake shore there are various schools of sailing, windsurfing, catamaran and kite surfing.
The new cable car of Malcesine – “Monte Baldo” (Baldo Mountain) inspired vital interest in promoting other sport activities. It reaches 1,765 meters in only 15 minutes from 90 meters above sea level. Two other sports which are becoming more and more popular are mountain biking and paragliding. There is no other location which allows a flight with a level difference of 1,700 meters and a downhill trail on the bike of more than 50 km through the north side of the mountain till the town of Torbole. For the Golf lovers, there are 5 golf courses within the compass of 30 to 60 Kmfrom the Club: “Golf Ca degli Olivi” in Garda and Verona, Sommacampagna, Peschiera and Desenzano.
Trekking and walks on the enchanting lake front or the intriguing medieval streets of Malcesine.
Walking is a simple and natural movement that’s good for both the body and mind, especially while in the mountains. From the lake fronts to the peaks of Monte Baldo, one will find infinite trails to suit all types of expectations and training.
For sports enthusiasts, a series of trails are open, some of which are very demanding. In 2013 there were numerous botanical trekking itineraries where plants and flowers of particular interest are indicated.
From Malcesine there is cableway that leads to Monte Baldo, to the locality of Tratto Spino. Near the station there are short promenades with various refreshment points, ideal if you want to spend a relaxing day away from the bustle of everyday life. One may reach the top of the Monte Baldo, a splendid naturalistic oasis, with the new rotating cableway that will offer one an incomparable view.
Some of the trails are:
- Trekking Itinerary from Malcesine to Tratto Spino climbing from trail number 10 and Prai: an average tour, that runs from the coast of Malcesine to Monte Baldo climbing from the mule tracks, the woods and the meadows of Monte Baldo.
- The forest and the panoramas: Ring-route from Malcesine to Piombo: a looped path very, very varied both for the type of terrain as well as the panoramas. The itinerary starts from Malcesine and leads to the Piombi climbing from 659/9 trail and 7. From Piombi begins the descent in the woods that lead to San Michele and Malcesine. 14.5 km and 1700 m of altitude, await one to both climb and to descend.
- Climb to Monte Baldo from trail number 10: a beautiful path, long, panoramic and very varied trail that leads from Malcesine to Monte Baldo passing by route number 10.
- Excursion to Monte Baldo at Rifugio Mondini from Prada Alta: a ring-route, ideal for a half day walk suitable for anyone. Ideal if one wants to spend a day away from the bustle and the daily routine. The trail starts from Prada Alta, it’s 8 km long, the slopes and descents are never too challenging.
- Route from Malcesine to San Michele along trail number 7: a quite tiring trail but very pleasant, varied and few excursionists. It starts from Malcesine toward San Greater Fiabi, taking trail number 7 that leads to the Piombas. From Piombi begins the descent along the Via dei Prai, in less than an hour, it will lead one to San Michele.
For walking, running and cycling… a route suitable also for families. Along the way, one will find many restaurants and bars, where one can relax before leaving. During the summer please remember to bring swimwear with you!
The entire trail to and fro is 32 km long, along the beach starting from Navene, north of Malcesine and arrives to the south until Castelletto di Brenzone passing through the most beautiful resorts of Lake Garda (click below to see the map).